Happy Pancake Day everyone! Today is the last day of indulgence before we begin fasting for Lent. No doubt many of us will be getting our frying pans out when we get home from work and making stacks of pancakes for the family to enjoy with their favourite toppings.
There are no limits to what you can put on or wrap inside your pancakes, my personal favourite is honey with slices of banana…yum! However, the most popular topping is clearly maple syrup.
While making pancakes is exciting and attempting to flip them in the frying pan can be fun and create laughs when it fails, there is always potential for disaster when we settle down to eat them. With all the warm syrup melting and dripping everywhere some of it is bound to get on your carpet.
Not to worry though, just follow these simple carpet cleaning tips and you will have the syrup stains out in no time!
- Scoop up any excess syrup with a spoon.
- Blot the stain with a damp white towel to absorb as much syrup as possible.
- Rinse out the syrup on the towel and leave it soaked in cold water.
- Apply a bit of dish washer soap to the stain and lather it up with the towel by rubbing in a circular motion.
- Rinse the area and blot with a dry towel until all moisture is absorbed.
Removing small carpet stains is relatively easy, but if your carpet is looking dull or even grubby all over then you should consider calling a carpet cleaning company London.
There are carpet cleaning services that can brighten up your carpet using state of the art steam cleaning machines and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
By hiring carpet cleaners in London you will be transforming your home, making it look more warm and cosy; perfect for when you start to receive guests over the approaching Easter.
Copyright @ carpet-cleaner.co.uk