We all want to look our very best when it comes to working in an office, or attending important meetings. Everything about you has to be pristine. You iron your shirt, you pick out a tie, you make sure every hair is in place and that your shoes are as shiny as can be with a bit of polish.
Unfortunately, in your rush to obtain perfection you’ve accidentally dropped the shoe polishing brush and now there’s a black smudge on your light carpet!
There’s no need to panic, even something as dark as shoe polish can be removed with these simple carpet cleaning tips.
- Scrape as much of the excess shoe polish off the carpet as possible with a spoon.
- Dampen a clean sponge with a dry cleaning solvent and blot the stain gently. Do not rub at the shoe polish or you’ll create a larger stained area, and damage the fibres.
- Blot again using a clean white towel.
- Create a solution with 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap, 1 tablespoon of ammonia, and 2 cups of warm water.
- Dampen a clean cloth with the solution and blot the area until the stain is completely disappeared.
- Dampen a clean white towel with cold water and blot to rinse and dry the area.
Of course you could always hire a carpet cleaning company London to take care of the messy carpet.
Their professional carpet cleaners will not only do a spot clean of any stains; they will complete a thorough carpet cleaning service that will restore your carpet to its original glory.
Copyright @ https://www.carpet-cleaner.co.uk